So after 11 years of marriage and a child (now 7), I finally have gotten around to adding Wingfield to my name.
- Social security office...CHECK
- Passport form mailed...CHECK
Now to start using it out and about.
How about email?
- change signature...CHECK
- request for new work email address (employers decide the conventions for the local part of the email, no decision for me)...CHECK
- add email address / alias…Well, this might take some thought…
Google it: “How to choose an email address”
The top 2 today…
I found these 2 at least as helpful as the advice of my daughter. ***Always consult a young person. They are born knowing tech stuff, we aren’t. (So she’s just 7 years old, what’s your point?)
I was very sad to have to abandon @mac for an @icloud, but you know, I get it. And up to 3 aliases included.
Note: I can never get a new Apple ID if I want to keep access to songs, books, movies, music.
...So iCloud alias here I go...
3. add email address / alias…CHECK
4. Social Media…Well, this might take some thought....My full name makes me sound like a character from Downton Abbey...not a bad thing, but ya know, may be too long…more to come on that and cell phones for kids, and charity apps,and ...